PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Node worries again - at work and feeling so worried!

ShaunRyder
07-10-14, 12:39
Hi guys,

I recently posted about a gland I had just above my collar bone, it is still there after 3 weeks and had two doctors check it out both say it is ok and due to infection. Now I am at work I was in a meeting and have felt which I think feel like two tiny lumps on each side of my neck, one each side, are these normal to feel or sould i go to the doctors? I am at work and I need some reassurance to calm down as I am stressing so much, ever since I found the one above collar bone I have been checking all of the next every single day!I have a meeting to get back too within in a hour and do not want to be worrying :(

firecracker777
07-10-14, 16:18
I am not sure how long it takes for infections to go away. If you are still concerned I'd make another appointment and go back. I sometimes feel bumps and stuff when I start getting worried about things. Sometimes I think I push around just to try and find something. Did they give you antibiotics?

Mdeasha
08-10-14, 12:46
Even if they are lymph nodes. You've used the word tiny. In a very well documented study of over 200 people with "unexplained lymph nodes" (keep in mind the doctors have explained yours) no subject with lymph nodes under 1cm had malignancy. I'm sure you've probably come across that somewhere when googling "collarbone lymph nodes". Which you shouldn't be doing. It is also just as likely you are feeling underlying tissues or something of that ilk.
Digging around your collarbone won't help either. I should also say at this point I am exactly the same. Lymph nodes at base of neck, under 1cm that haematologists say are normal. It's very hard to accept that when everything you're reading says the only way to be sure is to biopsy. It's a very hard fear to deal with. Also keep in mind, if you're under 40. (I'm just guessing you are) Your chance of lymphoma is 0.4%. That's what I'm trying to remember anyway.