PDA

View Full Version : Red spot/mole..melanoma?

firecracker777
07-10-14, 16:39
A year or so ago I noticed I had what looked to be a bright red spot on my leg. I just assumed it was some type of mark from aging (although I am only 27). I have a few varicose veins on leg so I figured this was just another sign of getting older. Well recently my health anxiety flared up again and I've been obsessing over all of my moles. I noticed one on my leg that is pretty large and has me concerned so I made a dermatologist appointment. I then noticed the red spot on my leg and started freaking out over it. It is bright red and looks like it has some little blood vessels around it or coming off of it. I've found things like cherry angiomas and also spider angiomas and I don't think it fits either of those images exactly. I am so worried now since it is an atypical shape and I have had it for atleast a year. I can't remember what it looked like when I first noticed it or if it has evolved in shape or size.

RoseEve
07-10-14, 18:58
I had a red raised spot as well. It turned out to be a broken blood vessel. It sounds like what you are describing. It wasn't a big deal I had it removed because it annoyed me (it was on my scalp).

wnsos
07-10-14, 19:19
I've got a few of these. Been wondering what they are recently but I know it's just my HA drawing my attention there. In fact I remember having one on my face when I was in junior school. It went away. :yesyes:

firecracker777
07-10-14, 20:16
I was wondering if it was some sort of blood vessel as well but wasn't sure how quickly those went away. I've had this for about a year now. Hoping some sort of blood vessel is all that it is!

pepsi
07-10-14, 21:43
I have one under my eye its nothing but broken blood vessel get it checked i did its better to know