PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about Diabetes.

ReissG
08-10-14, 06:58
Okay as of yesterday my friend told me I'm drinking too much coca cola and that I need to Becareful because it can cause diabetes! Anyway I didn't think too much of it but I stupidly looked up symptoms online and saw frequent urination is a symptom! Well today I've had 3 3/4 pints of water and I've been having the feeling of needing to pee all day, I've been awake for around 10 hours and have peed about 10 times!!! A couple times of peed and not needed to but because my mind is constantly thinking I need to pee the feeling won't go away!

Is it common for anxiety to make us pee if we can't get it out of our heads? I've probably only peed 4-5 times and actually emptied my bladder, the others times hardly anything came out but the need to go (even now typing this despite only going 10 minutes ago) is really strong.

There has been times in the day where I've forgotten for like a minute and the feeling has disappeared but then it's come back again!

Do you think it's because I saw the urination symptom of diabetes that's caused this? Or do you think it's a real problem? Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

Also it says on my medication side effects paper that quatiapine can worsen pre existing diabetis...

Does this mean it will only effect people with diabetis or people who are like midway to diabetis??

CleverLittleViper
08-10-14, 18:06
First up, diabetes is a serious illness but it is one that is treatable and manageable (in fact, many type 2 sufferers don't even need insulin-but treat it with exercise and healthy eating) and it can be "reversed" not cured, but pulled back to a pre-diabetic state. It's not great, but caught early, is not a disaster.

Frequent urination can be a sign of a lot of things. Perhaps you have a sensitive bladder. Perhaps you're drinking more water than you're used to. Perhaps it's even the anxiety. I know when I started drinking water, I was on the toilet all the time. Also, if you have urge incontinence, it could be a sign of a UTI, or even anxiety.

One of the signs of diabetes is increased thirst with frequent urination. If you're worried about it, go and get a test done at the doctors to put your mind at ease. Don't worry about it, though.

ReissG
08-10-14, 20:17
Well I don't have increased thirst. Today I peed and literally straight after the feeling came back because I was being so paranoid. So it's definetly anxiety lol

Thanks for the reply :)