PDA

View Full Version : Shaky, worried and scared

heths
30-12-06, 20:30
I'm shaky and in my room at the moment. One of my phobias is emetophobia and something has just happened.

My dad was fine and has been all day and then suddenly he went really white and dizzy and didn't know where he was, he started feeling sick and went to the bathroom. He hasn't had any alcohol so it can't be that.

He was gagging, I thought he was been sick and I opened the back door and was shaking and I tried to cover my ear. He's told me he hasn't been sick, he feels a little better but is still in there shaky and still feels unwell.

I'm worried what is wrong with him and I'm also worried if I'll get the same. We've all had a takeaway and I worried if it was that.

I'm also worrying if it's a brain hamorrage as we had a relatives girlfriend die of that this year.

Heather x

heths
30-12-06, 21:31
Dad's throwing up now. I'm really scared.

Heather x

belle
30-12-06, 21:35
Hi Heather...
My mum did this a little while back while she was out shopping. She'd stopped for something to eat and she all of a sudden felt dizzy and she went to go to the loo and she actually passed out and threw up at the same time. She continuted to throw up for a good couple of hours.

I wouldn't worry for a second about a bug. They don't just happen...just like that! They brew for a bit, with stomach ache, the runs, feeling sick etc. If you're father has been well all day and then came over sick suddenly there are a number of reasons, i'm not a doctor so i can't say exactly, but it definitely does NOT sound catching. If it was the food, you'd all be doing the same at the same time.

You'll be fine young lady....
Don't worry :)
Sarah

heths
30-12-06, 21:38
Thank you for your reply sarah. I'm trying to stay calm but am shaking. The bathroom is right next to my bedroom and I can hear everything.

I still feel I could get same thing. It scares me that it was so sudden and one minute he was fine and then he went really dizzy and felt sick and then for about half an hour he felt better and now he's thrown up.

my heart was beating fast. it scares me.

Heather x

belle
30-12-06, 21:40
I read a piece on catching bugs and you have to either eat off their forks etc or be in the area (ie bathroom) while they are doing the business where all the germ droplets are floating about. I would make sure the bathroom/toilet window is open plus the toilet is bleached out.
I caught Stinkys bug because i ATE off his fork plus i was in the bathroom while he was pooping...
There was no hope for me.
Sarah

heths
30-12-06, 21:43
Thank you for your replies.

The window is open and i don't know if they've put anything down the toilet.

I'm scared to go to sleep tonight incase i wake up with this. I get into such a state when i'm ill.

Heather x

belle
30-12-06, 22:09
Hun...don't worry. Trust me, its NOT as bad as we "think" it is. I am TERRIFIED of being ill, scared stiff, i was housebound for years because of the fear of being sick.

IF...IF...IF you did get this it wouldn't be tonight, not that quick.

I would put money on you NOT being ill.
You need to get rest lovely....
Sarah x

heths
30-12-06, 22:11
I don't know cos it came on dad really suddenly. It probably isn't as bad as I think it is. I just wish I didn't get so scared.

Heather x

heths
30-12-06, 22:16
He's feeling ill again. He's in bathroom again.

Heather x

heths
30-12-06, 22:17
he's been sick again. i feel like i'm going to cry.

Heather x

heths
30-12-06, 22:18
My nan had this bug and was sick every ten minutes. I'm scared. I live in the same house, I feel mum and I will get it. I'm shaking.

Heather x

Quirky
30-12-06, 22:21
Sorry you're feeling so scared, I do understand.

Did your Dad eat anything different to the rest of you tonight? I ask that as I had similar symptoms when I had food poisoning earlier this year. I felt fine then suddenly felt hot, faint and sick only an hour after eating prawns. I nearly passed out several times and vomited on and off for about 5 hours. I have never been so ill and since then get scared if I feel nauseous. Maybe it is something that doesn't agree with his tummy for some reason.

Anyway I hope he is ok soon and I hope you feel less worried soon too.

Lisa x

heths
30-12-06, 22:24
Thank you for your reply Lisa.

Apart from some peanut butter he had this morning, he's had same as mum and she feels fine.

There has been a bug going round our local town and my nan had it last week, she was sick every ten minutes and the runs.

Thank you to you and sarah for your replies.

I don't think i'll sleep tonight. I wish I wasn't scared of it.

Heather x

Quirky
30-12-06, 22:30
Thanks for the reply.

It does sound like it may be a bug then, there are plenty around this time of year unfortunately but it does not mean you will get it even if it is.
I woke up very early boxing day morning thinking I would be sick and feeling faint etc but I wasn't sick, have felt nauseous since on and off so mine may be a bug, virus or just indigestion I guess - even reading this makes me feel sick lol. I don't have a phobia of it as such but since my food poisoning it scares me as I never want to be that ill again and no one likes being sick anyway do they. I do understand though, I really panic when I am around people that are ill. Last year my boss had a winter vomiting virus type thing and came to work - I wanted to avoid her and I even panic around people with colds. Sorry this is long winded, just saying you're not alone with theses fears and I understand.

Also remember that the things we fear are usually not as bad as we think even if they do happen, it's the fear of it that scares us so much.

Take care,

Lisa x

heths
30-12-06, 22:37
Thank you Lisa.

I am similar to you in trying to avoid been near people who are ill. I wash my hands alot more when there's bugs and things going round aswell.

Still scared i'll get it and scared of going to sleep.

It does help that people have replied. I just feel I'll get it cos it's been going round.

Heather x

belle
31-12-06, 09:31
Hi..
How are you today?
I'm off to work in a bit so i'll catch up later :)
Sarah

heths
31-12-06, 13:00
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for asking :)

I haven't been coping to well. :( I didn't sleep much last night. I kept doing relaxing breathing but I was scared to go to sleep, I lay there feeling anxious and scared.

It's affecting my eating, i'm so scared of getting it.

Dad was sick on and off for a few hours. He didn't sleep much either. He feels better today.

I've been feeling low and crying today. I just wish I wasn't so scared and I wish I could live a normal life. Without all the fear.

Heather x

nomorepanic
31-12-06, 13:13
There is a bug going round that is a 24-hour thing. I have been in the same room with two sets of people that have had it and I haven't caught it so there is a good chance you won't either.

I think you need to get some professional help with this though as it is obviously seriously effecting your health when someone is ill. Why not have a word with the doc about it - see what they can offer.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

heths
31-12-06, 13:15
Thank you Nicola,

I'm having therapy for Agoraphobia and I've mentioned to them about my phobias too. Hopefully they can help.

Heather x