PDA

View Full Version : help for dizzy type feeling

penguinbop
08-10-14, 16:33
I've had diziness for about 8 months now, it used to come and go, but now it stays. Doctor refuses to do any tests, when I say Dizzy I mean I feel offbalance, its kind of weird but its like someone shook my brain around and my brain is trying to adjust.
ive tried everything to get back to normal, exercises, change in diet, vitamins, all the things I can think of, has anyone ever found a way to get rid of dizziness. I'm not even convinced it is caused by anxiety, I think it causes my anxiety.

cavybun
08-10-14, 19:22
Hi, I had dizziness that seems like what you are describing after switching from Citalopram to Lexipro. I started taking the Lexipro before bed, because I noticed that the dizziness was worse within the first few hours of taking the pill. It has helped a lot- now I am probably still dizzy but it is happening when I am in bed so I don't notice as much. Hope that helps :)

penguinbop
08-10-14, 20:29
thanks for the info however I stopped taking my anxiety meds a while ago as they did nothing but make me feel ill.

CleverLittleViper
10-10-14, 17:10
I get this, too. Been told by the doctor it's just part of the anxiety. I think it's because of the Amitriptyline that I'm taking.

I just sit and wait it out, or lie down. Make sure you're plenty hydrated, and try closing your eyes regularly. I find it helps.