PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is Back(?)

Insomn1ac
08-10-14, 19:55
I am 27 years old male.
Never had any emotional problems, no anxiety and depression as well...until this year.

In late winter - early spring, I started to have pretty bad panic attacks (out of blue). It was really affecting my life pretty negatively because I am working in a high-pace business environment so I get to deal with challenging situations and have meetings on a daily basis.

I don't think I need to explain to anyone what's like to have a panic attack during a business meeting. There were situations when I had to step out of the room, get in my office and wait until it gets betters.

I was prescribed Zoloft in May and it started to work in July, so by July I was panic-attack free.

I have been doing fine until September.

In September, I started to experience mild symptoms of anxiety, but I noticed that their intensity grows by the day. For example while I am typing this post right now, I am experiencing a mild nausea and I feel tightness in my throat. I just had to present information at a meeting and it almost gave me a panic attack (although I havent had any in months.)

In the past, I had panic attacks, but I didn't take Zoloft. Thus I am kinda scared about this whole situation because I considered Zoloft as 100% effective weapon against anxiety, but if it doesn't work anymore, I don't know what else to do...

Please advise.

abhaytheone
31-10-14, 18:01
try to find out the thing which triggers your anxiety and causes panic attacks. what fear is it is it the fear of dying which causes panic atttacks or any other fear.

Lucinda07
31-10-14, 18:20
Maybe changes are needed for your work-home life balance.
You could try CBT, mindfulness. Perhaps go back to your GP & ask for further help.