PDA

View Full Version : NON-URGENT Request to see my doctor after blood tests

PrettyBoy
09-10-14, 14:28
Hi, guys. I had some blood tests done just over a month ago (pretty much just a general check nothing specific) and I've only just received the letter today requesting me to make a non-urgent appointment with my doctor? Should I be concerned? Anyone had any similar scenarios? Cheers guys! :)

Rennie1989
09-10-14, 14:41
'Non-urgent' says it all. It wouldn't be over anything sinister or of concern because they would emphasise on an 'urgent' appointment. You'll be fine.

Henrik
09-10-14, 14:44
Probably you're just low on vitamin D, like every other person on the planet ;-)

Fj2014
09-10-14, 14:56
Hey hun,

Definitely no need to worry with this one - I had a similar thing and freaked out and rang the receptionist who explained that if it was urgent they would call you not ask you to make an appointment within four weeks.
My white cell count was slightly high so I needed them redone then it was all fine.

Could just be vitamin deficiency or anything? Often it's just because receptionists aren't allowed to read them :) xx

yenool
09-10-14, 19:48
non urgent = something trivial like mild anemia, low vitamin B12, slightly raised cholesterol or whatever. Not anything life threatening.

PrettyBoy
13-10-14, 12:32
Thanks guys sorry it took me so long to reply really appreciate the great feedback

cerridwen
13-10-14, 21:29
I had that a while ago. My cholesterol level was a bit high, that's all. A change in my diet solved it.