PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

joyus
09-10-14, 16:40
hi. i have been suffering from health anxiety for four years. the first two years were horribile, constant visits to the doctors annd hospital for tests. eventually a locum doctor diagnosed me with health anxiety. i dont take any medication but have used counselling and cbt to help me learn to deal with my anxiety. i still have relapses and still find them very hard to cope with. i also suffer with ibs which i believe was brought on by my anxiety

NervousNelly
11-10-14, 07:25
HI Joys,
Sorry to hear you are struggling. Its a hard road and I understand health anxiety I also suffer :(
Its much less isolating knowing that people on here know how you feel. I hope your will to accept and work with your anxiety works well for you.

All the best :)

jonjones
12-10-14, 21:42
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I used to suffer from ulcerative colitis but no longer suffer as I stopped being so nervous and stressed. Once you become more chilled out them the IBS should improve!
Best,
Jon

joyus
13-10-14, 16:52
so sorry i havent replied to your very kind messages. in my head i know that all the worrying is making everything worse. wish i could find the on/off switch for anxiety. it really helps to know that other people are have the same problems as me (although i wouldnt wish anxiety on anyone) thanx again for you support

jonjones
17-10-14, 00:10
Hi,

try to take it one day at a time!

The symptoms you are experiencing can never hurt you dont be afraid to face them, sag your body and float and stop trying to do anythng about them!

Let them happen on their own accord, and put your mind into neutral. Like you are aware of whats happening yet are indifferent to them!

Jon