PDA

View Full Version : Hello

AmyMJ
09-10-14, 20:44
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie. My anxiety and other issues have all recently hit an all time high so I am hoping to find solace in this forum.

I've always been a worrier since I was a kid and have had problems with anxiety on and off right up to now. In between I have also suffered from emetophobia (vomit phobia) resulting in some pretty bad issues with germs and illness.

Most recently my phobia has taken a backseat and after finally seeking out some help from my GP I've been diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder with OCD tendencies. My worrying has been getting severely out of control the past few weeks and I have literally been in pieces most nights where I've gotten myself in such a state.

My friends and family only know a small amount of what goes on with my problems - the only person who knows the full extent is my partner who unfortunately gets the full brunt of all of my meltdowns so I'm hoping to take some of the weight off of him by joining this forum and chatting to like-minded people!

So that's me I guess...hi :)

cavybun
10-10-14, 10:06
Lol that's the same reason I joined! Hello nice to meet you.

Mark13
14-10-14, 20:30
Hi Amy. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.