PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Michelle1979
09-10-14, 20:54
Hey all

I seriously need your help!!

Im going to beat around the bush a bit here but please bear with me....

When my son was 3 weeks old, he kept going grey, coughing and wheezing, I took him to my GP at 5pm on the Friday night, the doctor told me he was fine, that night he was even more grey, coughing more and wheezing more, so I took him to the OOH at 1am on Saturday morning, the doctor literally laughed me out of the surgery saying I was being a 'typical first time mum'. James is a twin so they put it down to the stress of 2 newborns, and I wasn't really happy with this but I thought 'ok that's 2 doctors now that have told me hes fine now so he must be'. Well, on the Sunday, my mum had the twins to 'give me a break' and an hour after having them I got a call to say the Paramedics and Rapid Response was with my son as he had stopped breathing. It turned out I was right all along!!!! My son had Bronciolitis and Pneumonia. He had died right in front of my mum and thank god she managed to get him back before the paramedics arrived. He also stopped breathing 3 times in the ambulance and one more time at the hospital so they transferred him to a London hospital and thank god, these people were miracle workers and my son made a full recovery and is fighting fit now.

Problem is, Im not!!!!

I now have a terrible Health Anxiety, and I can never believe what the doctors tell me!!! My biggest fear is that Im going to collapse and die and my babies (who are now 6 1/2 months old) are going to be at home on their own with their mum dead on the floor!!!

I need serious help cos if I don't, I am worried they will end up taking my children from me due to me feeling like this :(

Mondie
09-10-14, 21:19
Gosh Michelle, what a traumatic experience you had there. PLEASE do yourself a favour and seek help NOW before you get too far entrenched in the Health Anxiety way of thinking.

Take it from someone who knows only too well, HA if not 'nipped in the bud' can really cause problems in your life. You are young, with a young family and you all deserve to live your lives happy and as carefree as possible.

See if your GP can refer you for some counselling. I would hate for you to be like this in 5 years time, HA really is an exhausting and cruel condition to have to live with.

Big hugs x

luc
09-10-14, 21:27
Hi Michelle,

You are going to be anxious after the experience you had. Your baby is now fine ad you won't be leaving them and they won't be leaving you. Is there anyone you can talk to? Why do you thing they would take your babies away from you?

Michelle1979
09-10-14, 21:32
Hi Michelle,

You are going to be anxious after the experience you had. Your baby is now fine ad you won't be leaving them and they won't be leaving you. Is there anyone you can talk to? Why do you thing they would take your babies away from you?

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your responses.

I have started medication and am starting counselling tomorrow morning which Im mega nervous about!!!

I guess that I feel that they will think I am an unfit mum that cant look after her children but they are the most loved babies in this world!!! I would do anything I can for them :( hence the counselling. I just think that, cos we were trying for a baby for 10 years and had two goes of IVF (one that ended in miscarriage) that someone is going to take my babies away from me now :( xx