PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Lene
31-12-06, 11:35
Hi everyone, I'm Lene and I have been suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks for as long as I can remember (my grandmother swears I had an anxiety attack when I was three!). I am very shy, have little self-confidence and I am terrified about everything and anything. I suffer from a whole range of phobias and I am convinced every little injury or illness is going to lead to my death, but I have been reading around on this site and it turns out I'm not on my own on this one.
You wouldn't believe what a breath of fresh air this site has been to me. I have never met anyone with anxiety disorder before (well no one who has admitted it to me anyway!) so to read some of the stories on here actually makes me feel that I'm not battling this on my own anymore.
I take diazipam when I have a really bad panic attack and I am supposed to be taking Prozac but as I have a huge fear of taking pills, they are still in the medicine cabinet! (It took me years to pluck up the courage to take the diazipam - and as I didn't die from an allergic reaction or choke on the tablet - I feel brave enough to take them now!)
Anyway, I look forward to "chatting" to many of you on here in the future.

Lene x[:I]

trac67
31-12-06, 11:40
Hi Lene,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

sandlin
31-12-06, 12:25
Hi Lene

welcome you've come to a great place for friendly and fun people

Linda

miss diagnosis
31-12-06, 12:27
welcome

You will get a lot of help and support here

manmoor
31-12-06, 12:54
Hi Lene,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kittykat
31-12-06, 13:01
Hi Lene,

Welcome to the forum, you'll find it a great help. Look forward to chatting.

Take care
shirley xx

yorkylover
31-12-06, 15:32
Hi lene and welcome.
HAPPY NEWYEAR

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
31-12-06, 15:38
Hi Lene

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel