PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Ears

So
09-10-14, 21:29
Hi again, I posted a couple of days ago about ringing in my ears and now I'm going out of my mind worrying because I read somewhere it could be a sign of a brain tumour. I have also been getting blocked ears, like a crackling noise when I swallow as well as a 'bunged up' feeling. I have just recovered from a bad flu like cold and I think some of my symptoms could be made worse because of my bad anxiety (now convincing myself I'm going deaf).. But I just can't get out of my head that it may be something really serious :(

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Ugh my HA is SO bad right now :weep::weep::weep::weep:

CleverLittleViper
09-10-14, 21:43
I get a crackling noise when I swallow, too. Always have. For years. I'm not dead yet unless this is a ghost that is typing to you. So, I'm not sure it's anything serious. I mean, if I've lived with it for as long as I can remember, and I've not croaked, it's probably not a tumour.

Ringing in the ears=tinnitus. Could also be from anxiety. Anxiety can do that, sometimes. I get that, too. Also happens if you listen to a lot of music-esp. in headphones...like me. :whistles:

It could have been caused by your cold. I know when I feel bunged up, my ears and everything feel the effects of it.

Michelle1979
09-10-14, 21:43
Hi hun.

That's 3 stories I have heard like this on here. I also had the flu a few weeks ago and now have bad ears, I went to see my doctor and she told me its just part of the virus. As I was getting dizzy and feeling sick, I was convinced I had a brain tumour too but she assured me that it is all part of the bad ears!!! Have you tried some ear drops?? Im as deaf as a post at the moment too :( x

nomorepanic
09-10-14, 21:44
I have that too at the moment and the doctor told me to use steam inhalation to help it

So
09-10-14, 22:14
Thanks everyone, you've all made me feel so much better :hugs: I think it's the end of my cold, my stupid HA just keeps convincing me otherwise and I listen to music in my earphones and also sleep with them in so that could have a lot to do with the ringing! I didn't know that. Thanks again everyone xx

TomsThoughts
16-11-15, 07:29
I currently have a cold and my ears feel blocked up with a slight ringing which is very uncomfortable :(

I was prescribed Beconase for it and after 3 days it seems my nose is clearing, my ears feel slightly less blocked and also the tone of the ringing seems to have gone down a little.

How are you getting on now?

Jamesk
16-11-15, 10:36
It could also be a wax build up in your ears - maybe worth getting the doctor to have a look down them next time you go. My left one has gone totally blocked so I can't hear out of it - Dr has told me to put olive oil down it which I am doing and which hopefully will eventually loosen it all up.

TomsThoughts
16-11-15, 14:23
Had mine checked not long ago he says there is not build up or problems, so I assumed it must be something internal. I'm using beconase still and chewing gum, I'm going to start using steam inhalation see if that has an effect

Good luck with the olive oil I heard that is a good technique too

Jamesk
16-11-15, 14:43
Had mine checked not long ago he says there is not build up or problems, so I assumed it must be something internal. I'm using beconase still and chewing gum, I'm going to start using steam inhalation see if that has an effect

Good luck with the olive oil I heard that is a good technique too

Thanks@. So far all the olive oil has done is transformed me from a bit deaf and in a bit of pain some of the time to being totally deaf and in a lot of discomfort for more of the time. Still hoping it's a means to an end.

TomsThoughts
16-11-15, 16:19
Just got home to a silent house and i can hear that stupid noise again. What a pain. Going to do my beconase soon.

This is just one of things you get with anxiety I guess this wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't have anxiety but you know how it is