PDA

View Full Version : Some tips.... PLEASE

micaela_os
09-10-14, 22:30
So I just went to the doctors about my tremor and she is sure that is isn't neurological, but she sent me for a blood test to make sure it wasn't an overactive thyroid or something else like that. But I can't shake the feeling that she is wrong.... and missed something... Im sure this is just my health anxiety playing up.. but does anyone have any tips on how to trust the doctor and move on with your life??

anthrokid
10-10-14, 23:19
Remember how much study your doctor has to do to (a) become a doctor in the first place, and (b) keep their registration as a doctor. It isn't any easy profession, and they are constantly learning and updating their knowledge. They see hundreds of patients every week and see many of the same symptoms daily. This experience, coupled with their knowledge base, makes them pretty reliable! And she is sending you for a blood test as well, which is going to check for any other underlying causes. When you get your results back it would be worthwhile discussing this worry with her and asking her why she doesn't believe it is neurological. This might help you to trust her judgement and let it go.