PDA

View Full Version : Tingling face, Dizziness, Jolts, Eye movements and Zaps.. What a crap relapse

fedup36
10-10-14, 07:37
Hi All

So it's been a while... I had some great therapy and had started to feel pretty normal!

However the past week it's all come back :(

I've started getting the following again...

-Dizziness including boat sensations and feeling drunk.
- zaps - I've started having my zaps again with tingles and these intense waves of dizziness :(
-Eye movements, my eyes feel like there moving and jumping around
- Tingling, my face and head keep tingling and I keep getting weird hot patches on my head when I get a headache.

Now none of the above is new as I had this about 4 months ago for nearly 2 years pretty much everyday. What is worrying me is it may be Ms and I'm having a relapse...

I'm trying to say it's just anxiety and I'm hyperventilating again which is what they think caused my symptoms initially but I am just not convinced...

I don't want to slide down the slippery slope again as I was doing really well..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Abarth
10-10-14, 17:45
Hi There. I'm sorry you are having to relive this again; it has happened to me more times than I can remember. Those symptoms are so real and i have had them all, plus a few more!! All I can say is that the conditions you probably fear do not abate, they tend to progress. You had this for 2 years and it went away. That tells you it couldn't have been what you feared. The symptoms you have described are classic anxiety symptoms and are the same as those you previously suffered. Take stock of that and know that you got through it before. I am not saying that you shouldn't take medical advice, but a couple of simple tests should tell you what you need to know in order to build a platform for your recovery from this bout of anxiety. I am sure you will be ok if you keep that glass half full. Wishing you well. Ant.

fedup36
10-10-14, 18:14
Thank you... I did forget to mention I've had 2 MRIs seen 3 ENTs had ECGs, balance testing and all have come back normal...

Abarth
10-10-14, 18:23
There you go!! Kind of validates my theory. Problem is, anxiety as a condition is as tangible as anything, but its key symptom is that it mimics anything and everything without giving itself away, if that makes sense. Consequently we HA sufferers rarely see it for what it truly is. You have had enough tests to know the cause of your symptoms, so maybe time to accept that's what they are and work through the strategies for handling anxiety and not let it con you into believing anything else. Not as simple as that I know, but keeping telling yourself that and you will get to where you want to be. Just don't fall into the trap of becoming dependent on anxiety by trying to validate other unfounded fears. Perversely that is exactly what anxiety can do; don't let it!!!