PDA

View Full Version : parkinson's need help

scaredgirl86
10-10-14, 08:26
I been having this problem since july with internal shaking and hand tremors been to a neuro and the dr many times they are all convinced anxiety but i'm still worried it's parkinson's. When i hold out my hand my fingers shake and also my body jerks a little during sleep,the thing i'm worried about most is when i'm laying down or wake up in the night and i stretch or yawn my hands both tremor and then stops has anyone had this?

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

anyone?

blueangel
10-10-14, 09:22
Ok, if the "86" in your user name is the year you were born, then you're way too young for even early onset Parkinson's (which is extremely rare - 1 in many millions worldwide). I know two people with Parkinson's and their initial symptoms were nothing like yours, so do try not to worry about this.

scaredgirl86
10-10-14, 21:16
thank you so much blueangel yeah that's my age i will try not worry

Carnation
10-10-14, 22:28
My Partner gets body jerks all through the night with his Anxiety.

pepsi
11-10-14, 21:06
My father had parkinsons i now twitch every day. My one finger moves alone. IM too scared to go to the drs but if your drs say youre ok take it that youre ok

KLP
11-10-14, 23:10
I been having this problem since july with internal shaking and hand tremors been to a neuro and the dr many times they are all convinced anxiety but i'm still worried it's parkinson's. When i hold out my hand my fingers shake and also my body jerks a little during sleep,the thing i'm worried about most is when i'm laying down or wake up in the night and i stretch or yawn my hands both tremor and then stops has anyone had this?

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

anyone?

I'm so glad you mentioned this, I have had a fairly new symptom, like you upon waking and stretch in the morning (not all the time, it's only happen 3/4 times) my whole body tremors. It doesn't last long however, scary. And because of this and having seen neuro, MRI of brain, multiple blood tests, abdomen ultrasound, and many other tests. All clear, after a year I've decided to start meds.
Thanks for posting this, has helped greatly.

scaredgirl86
12-10-14, 07:34
your welcome :) i know what your going through but we will both be okay

MyNameIsTerry
12-10-14, 07:53
I get the internal "buzzing bees" thing as a member on here called it a while back. Its just the adrenaline. I find that moving about will stop it. Its more prevalent when sitting or lying.

The jerking thing is also common in anxiety disorders. I can't remember the reason for it without Googling but it well known so I wouldn't worry about these if your doctor has checked and told you there is nothing wrong.

The jerking tends to go as you start recovering but I find the buzzing is one that takes much longer to get rid of.

hanshan
12-10-14, 13:23
Hi Scaredgirl,

Don't be scared! Tremors and jerks of all kinds and dimensions are normal. Not everyone gets the same types at the same time, but what you describe seems to be part of the normal spectrum.

You've done the right thing by asking your doctors - trust them when they tell you what you describe is not a sign of an underlying illness.

scaredgirl86
13-10-14, 04:59
Thank you for your replies they have helped :)