PDA

View Full Version : General anxiety and blood pressure

Pongowaring
10-10-14, 14:29
The last few years, I have had problems with blood pressure. No matter what medication my doctor tried, my blood pressure was rarely below 150/110 or so.

I have also been suffering from general anxiety for several years, however, despite having high blood pressure, I can honestly say that was never one of the things that created anxiety for me.

Recently, my doctor has tried me on a mix of BP meds, and finally, it seems to be working. My BP is usually around 120/80, so pretty much perfect.

However, and here's the interesting thing, I have noticed I am considerably less anxious on a day to day basis. Don't get me wrong, I still have my bad days, but generally, since my BP has been lowered, I have felt less anxious.

Once again, I have never been anxious about my BP, never, so doubt if that has much to do with it.

What I would be interested to know is whether high blood pressure can cause anxiety, and whether this reduced BP is having a positive impact on reducing my anxiety.

ohwell123
14-10-14, 11:05
hi I think it probably did bother you sub consciously chipping away at your mind... as you say anxiety has gone now its lower

you only have to type 150/110 into google to be told by dr google your impending doom lol

my dads bp was 150 over 100 10 years ago still is he doesn't take meds hes still ticking along enjoying life goes for a beer and a curry etc where as im not enjoying life since my anxiety started years ago when some nurse pulled a shocked face at me for my bp being 140 over 90 lmao