PDA

View Full Version : bad result s of heart scan

Lemondrizzle
10-10-14, 17:32
Had an echogardiogram which is a scan of the heart. Apparently I have a small hole....:ohmy: last thing I expected.
Apparently a birth defect.
Now I'm worrying about results of my 24 he ECG.

I tried searching posts/threads regarding hole in heart on here but found nothing.

swanick15
10-10-14, 18:28
Most small holes in the heart are left to heal on their own

Fishmanpa
10-10-14, 18:32
You've apparently had this since birth and you didn't know nor has it caused any major issues so....

Positive thoughts

Lemondrizzle
10-10-14, 18:39
Thanks. I'm having all these tests coz I had a numb face a month ago and was taken to stroke ward. Head scan all clear ecgs were OK. So now these tests. How come the hole hasn't closed I'm 32

Autumn18
10-10-14, 19:14
Hi, I understand your fear!! I had a heart echo a couple of days ago, due to health/heart anxiety following the recent death of my Aunt...

They found I have 'bicuspid aortic valve' - meaning I have 2 clasps instead of 3 allowing blood flow through the aorta in and out of the heart. This is also something that I was born with (apparently common) needless to say I am terrified by this :(

I also had a 24 ECG - try not to panic as it may not give accurate readings if you are stressed (easier said i know) :hugs: xx

Lemondrizzle
10-10-14, 22:10
Hi, I understand your fear!! I had a heart echo a couple of days ago, due to health/heart anxiety following the recent death of my Aunt...

They found I have 'bicuspid aortic valve' - meaning I have 2 clasps instead of 3 allowing blood flow through the aorta in and out of the heart. This is also something that I was born with (apparently common) needless to say I am terrified by this :(

I also had a 24 ECG - try not to panic as it may not give accurate readings if you are stressed (easier said i know) :hugs: xx

What's the ur prognosis surgery. I'm solo scared :(

Carnation
10-10-14, 22:20
Hi LemonDrizzle.
Please don't panic over this, it is very common! I have it too. So does my Auntie and my Cousin. Even 'Jessie J' has it and look at her. You can lead a perfectly normal Life, the only thing you should not do is lift anything too heavy. And when I mean heavy; I mean really heavy; like a beer barrel, piano or ton of bricks. Mine was found in a check-up and I take an Asprin to thin the blood as the blood flow is not as fast as someone who has not got this. :)

Lemondrizzle
11-10-14, 22:42
So I won't have a lower life expectancy? X

Lemondrizzle
11-10-14, 23:29
I'm worried... I have been reading about sudden death.... Please no!!!!