PDA

View Full Version : HEARTBURN

kittykat
31-12-06, 12:22
Hey guys, :(
Been having a really bad time at the mo with heartburn, even although i'm on 20mg of omeprazole everyday, had to send my hubby out at 12.30am to get some gaviscon as well, it was really intense burning in my chest travelling up and even into my ears !! [Sigh...]
Whats scared me is when i was eating toast this morning as it was travelling down i could feel it burning my windpipe , never had this symptom and im scared to eat. Had an endoscopy bout 6mths ago and it was clear, but what if something has started to grow down there. As you guys probably know me, this has set my anxiety sky high once more. What do you think it is ??
I'm meant to be going out tonite with my family but i'm scared to eat and i just don't feel like going. There i go again spoiling things for everyone. Why does this happen to me ??
Thanks for any replies in advance as any advice is desperately needed. :(

Take care xx

miss diagnosis
31-12-06, 12:29
try drinking loads of milk.Also motilium can work for heartburn too
Your probably making it much worse than it is my focousing on it
We all do that !!

nomorepanic
31-12-06, 13:16
Milk works well for me so does peppermint.

Alka Seltzer always settles my indigestion so try that too.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

yorkylover
31-12-06, 15:39
Hi kittykat,I saw a nutritionist,she told me to take half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water,it nutralises the acid.Also a glass of bottled soda water.Hope it helps.I used to get like you to,and it was all down to anxiety.I had the cameras up and down both ends and were all clear.Try and advoid pastry and bread.;)

Ellen XX