PDA

View Full Version : Mole with shading

firecracker777
10-10-14, 20:04
At the moment I have several concerning moles. The one that started my anxiety is one on my outter thigh. Its above the size of a pencil eraser and its fairly dark brown. Ive had it for as long as I can remember but I've never really paid attention to any changes. Well recently I was looking at it and I noticed there is like a lighter shade of brown around it. I cant remember if that has always been there or if its a new change. Does anyone else have moles with shading around them?

swanick15
10-10-14, 20:42
I have 4 which are very dark brown with a lighter brown edge on them which are safe they are still symmetrical and round and the dermo confirmed that, if the inside is darker than the edge it's considered a good sign but if you are concerned by it even if what I'm saying applies to you, see a doctor still to make sure they are fine. The most common cause of benign changes in moles are due to either hormones of being out in the sun so not necessarily dangerous bug still make an effort to see the doctor

firecracker777
13-10-14, 18:54
I have an appointment next Thursday so I am pretty nervous. I think the lightness on the outter part is more on one side than the other.

tan235
13-10-14, 20:11
can you take a photo? are you allowed to put photos up here.
I just went to the Dr for several moles all were fine, one was two shades and had been bleeding .. she said there are specific moles that are more likely to be dangerous - ones that are above the skin - raised are less likely to develop issues as opposed to those that are flat.

Either way the one thing I never play with is moles - so for your own piece of mind get them ALL checked :)

If ti's not scabbing or bleeding - even if it were pre cancerous which it's not - you'd be ok.

Serenity1990
13-10-14, 21:00
You sure it's not just a halo mole?

firecracker777
14-10-14, 23:07
I have this photo of it..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/elzcv5zj00k5c8d/mole.jpg?dl=0

I don't believe it is a halo mole since the shading is brown not lighter than skin.

firecracker777
15-10-14, 17:27
I kind of wish I didn't post the picture now :-/

The more I look at it on my leg it doesnt seem to have as round of a border as I thought. It looks a little more notched :(