PDA

View Full Version : Coughing and stridor/wheezing

boy
31-12-06, 12:50
I've had coughs that last for weeks since 2001 so that's nothing new, But I also have a light wheezy sound when I exhale with my mouth open, and have done since early September. But last night when I breathed in it happened too, but worse - stridor! Sounded like a balloon when you make it squeak but just for one 'flap'. Then I tested to see if it'd happen this morning and most of the time it didn't but it did do it once more.

I'd coughed extra hard yesterday many times so it made a raspy sound - which has happened before - in a vain attempt to clear up whatever the tickling reason to cough was coz it was really starting to get on my nerves.

Is this really really bad? I remember reading about it when I last worried about throat/pharingal/laryngal cancer in the summer.

ps. I don't smoke.

<sorry to keep editing but I keep remembering stuff I'd have wanted to say>

carly123
01-01-07, 14:32
Allergies can cause that horrible tickly feeling (like you need to constantly clear your throat or that there's something on your chest) as could a chest infection. I should see your doc (maybe write a diary for a week or so first).
I doubt it's serious, especially if you don't smoke.