PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do..

NervousNelly
11-10-14, 03:08
Hi everyone, firstly thank you for reading and for being the open honest and kind souls you all are for sharing on here.

I have health anxiety that triggers panic attacks that are linked to my menstrual cycle :weep:

I have good days and bad days, good days and bad weeks.

I have had a cough for nearly a month that just wont eventuate into anything. My chest rattles on exhalation and I wheeze sometimes when I inhale. I have been to the Doctor who was not concerned and told me it is just a cough and it will likely resolve. But with my health anxiety I often find myself short of breath worrying about it, then my hands and legs get numb and tingly and chest pain.. before I know it I am having a full blown panic attack and think I have pneumonia. Thing is, I dont know if its just the HA or there is something more to this chest problem...

Arms are sore all the time from being so tense and legs starting to do the same..

I just dont know what to do and talking to my husband is just irritating him.

Help xx:shrug:

.Poppy.
11-10-14, 04:36
I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. I got over being sick about two weeks ago and still have a cough - it's driving me crazy! I usually get a dry cough, but I feel like there's mucous in my throat which is a new feeling for me. I've found that hot tea and hot showers help to sort of loosen whatever it is and have helped the cough subside.

We all know the terror of a panic attack. I get them when I'm sick to my stomach and I get all those symptoms - my arms/hands/legs go numb which just makes the cycle worse.

It sounds like your main concern right now is pneumonia. I assume your doctor listened to your chest when you went and saw him? They can tell from that alone whether or not your lungs are clear, so if your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. However, if your cough is bothering you they could recommend or even prescribe some good cough medicine that may help you feel better.

:)

NervousNelly
11-10-14, 05:50
Thanks Poppy, yes my Dr listened to my chest but has been very dismissive and I can hear and feel different sensations and sounds that didnt occur when I got my check up.

I have just never had a cough that has hung around for so long. I think its probably my anxiety getting the better of me unfortunately. I will keep an eye on the other symptoms like dyspnea and lethargy and go back if i need further confirmation.

Thank you for your support :):)