PDA

View Full Version : New to No More Panic but not to anxiety :( So Glad I found this!!

NervousNelly
11-10-14, 07:32
Hi All,

I first experienced panic attacks four years ago and thought I was cured...
Sadly in the last few months I have built up from mild to severe anxiety and panic attacks.

I am normally a very outgoing, fun, energetic and motivated person. This just sucks the life out of me and I fall behind my own shadow... Reading so many of your posts and feeling understood makes me feel so much more at ease. Just knowing that I am not the only one that goes through this and that there are lots of stories just like mine :)

I think that people that suffer with anxiety, panic, depression, ocd, etc are the deep thinkers. Its a sign of great depth of character and a high level of conciousness (maybe too high haha).

Thank you for helping me to find strength in numbers. I hope to give and receive support in this network and wish us all a fruitful road to recovery.

xoxox

always walking
12-10-14, 14:39
hi! I too have suffered for years and thought I was "cured" but its raising its ugly head again .we can beat this eh :)

HalfJack
12-10-14, 19:53
Interesting thoughts! Nice to meet you! :welcome:

fduop
13-10-14, 14:26
Good Morning Nell

I can certainly agree with what you're saying, it's like after a bad storm you say, "Man, I'm glad that's over." Then a few days, weeks, or months later, here the rain comes again. I do agree that we with panic, anxiety are a thinking bunch, maybe too much. But for myself when I do my breathing and meditation, it centers me. It's not perfect, but I'm learning to accept and love myself "warts and all."

I hope this site gives you comfort. It certainly gives me a place where I can freely voice my feelings. Something I never had outside a therapist office. So Nell, be well and live each day.

Mark13
14-10-14, 20:26
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.