PDA

View Full Version : Ebola!!! Please respond

pixietrixie
11-10-14, 15:58
Ok hi people, so I am usually a worrier but now this ebola thing is in the news everyday I'm really scared. I'm from London and work in a charity shop which sometimes involves touching clothes so I'm worried that someone could donate clothes infected with ebola and then if I touch them I could get it!!!

I'm really sorry I know this probably doesn't make sense to you all but am in need of epeople who understand and I know you guys always do xx

venusbluejeans
11-10-14, 16:15
You won't get Ebola from touching donated clothes..... unless they came from a person suffering from Ebola and as I don't think we have had a case of Ebola in the country yet then the odds are just about zero.

nomorepanic
11-10-14, 16:24
I don't think you can catch it like that - it is from bodily fluids and blood

Fishmanpa
11-10-14, 16:54
There are 7+ billion people in the world. There have been 4400 + or - cases in the world. Do the math.

Have you touched fresh vomit, blood, sweat, saliva, urine, or feces of someone who has Ebola?

No

You are fine

Yesterday it was ALS (due to the ALS challenge), today it's ebola, tomorrow it could be the deadly hoochie coochie disease (believe me, you don't want to catch that! ;) ). It's just one in a never ending cycle of worries that the HA sufferer grabs on to.

Positive thoughts

pixietrixie
11-10-14, 17:26
I know was just worried where I touch clothes eith dried sweat and such x

Fishmanpa
11-10-14, 17:52
You won't get Ebola from touching donated clothes..... unless they came from a person suffering from Ebola and as I don't think we have had a case of Ebola in the country yet then the odds are just about zero.

Donated clothes are washed before being put on the rack and would not transmit a disease regardless.

Positive thoughts

pixietrixie
11-10-14, 17:55
I'm the one that has to sort through the bags of unwashed clothes....

Fishmanpa
11-10-14, 18:17
I'm the one that has to sort through the bags of unwashed clothes....

It's obvious no matter what anyone will say, you're going to worry about this even though there's a 0% probability.

Positive thoughts

swgrl09
11-10-14, 20:15
So far none of the people the guy in the US lived with are sick and they lived in the same apartment with him. One was even his fiance.