PDA

View Full Version : New and in full panic

cricket0148
11-10-14, 16:02
Ok, so I'm new to the group. I'm a 37 year old single mother of 2 little girls, a 6 year old and 1 year old.... the loves of my life. My newfound panic and anxiety has been ongoing for a year after being rearended and suffering whiplash. i got that issue under control and now discovered something im freaking out about. i had a little irritation in my mouth which turned out to be a sore from biting my cheek. First, let me say that i only have 9 max of my natural teeth left in my mouth and most are broken or impacted in gums due to EXTREME dental fear for years and no health insurance. so.. while looking at this sore on my cheek, i now noticed a little red spot on the roof of my mouth towards throat. I have had a stuffy nose, sneezing, and small sore throat the last few days so praying its related to this because i did the worest thing and googled and says cancer, cancer, cancer. I am TERRIFIED and wont even let a doctor look if you know what i mean for fear of hearing that word. can anyone help!!!

chickpea
11-10-14, 18:54
Welcome to the forum! :) :welcome:

So, the fact that you say you've had a sore throat etc means that the spot you can see is almost certainly part of that. Please stop worrying - step away from the mirror and step away from Dr Google! :yesyes:

Take some deep breaths, tell yourself you have no need to panic and relax.

gregcool
11-10-14, 19:04
i bite the insides of my mouth to and have done for years now.i often get ulsors and spots in my mouth for biting.i would goto the doctors and have it looked at.im sure it will be nothing to worry about.

cricket0148
12-10-14, 15:58
I have calmed down quite a bit since yesterday. My ex things i belong in the mental unit. So much for thinking you can talk to someone. He said im making myself crazy, which yes I agree, but still. Inside of cheek is still irritated and sore but thats just from me brushing so hard with the toothbrush that i made it that way. i think I will just drink lots of ice water. i blame alot of this on years of neglecting my teeth due to no inurance and lack of dental care. at 37 years old i know i need dentures.. but again, financial reasons are hanging it up.

Lyn89
12-10-14, 16:13
Its nothing at all to worry about, I get that too when I have a sore throat or cold :) and don't listen to your ex-- people without anxiety don't understand it and I bet you anything of he had it he wouldn't be able to handle it as well as you do with those two lovely children to think of! Anxiety is stigmatized along with other mental health issues, so don't listen to his opinion, he has no idea what he's talking about. You're definitely not crazy and you won't go crazy in the future either :) when something awful happens like a car accident, it can make you really hyper alert about danger, injuries, or things wrong with you. It's a natural, defensive response, so the fact that you have anxiety as a result isn't abnormal or weird at all. It's horrible, I know, but you're not alone. If it continues and really bothers you and you find you can't handle it, try some cbt therapy either online or through nhs. There's also wonderful books out there too that really work well. I know most people here are also on medication, but please try talking therapy or online therapy first. I found medication to act like a blanket-- once you stopped, the problems were still there underneath. Trying therapy first won't do you any harm and there's no awful side effects. I'm sure you can get through this, we all do in our own way, we just have to find it :)

cricket0148
12-10-14, 17:49
Thanks Lyn... One thing i noticed that has helped me is going for massage therapy. i can only go once every two weeks but that 30 minutes is just pure heaven. Amazing how we discover one thing and then eventually go digging for more. i had this lymph node under my ear for god years it seems and it never changed in size. up until that car accident, i forgot that when i was 15, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and now realize that maybe its not a lymph node and can be a trigger point cuz its right at the top of my sternocleidomastoid muscle... yeah i got in tune with my medical terminology, lol.