PDA

View Full Version : NEW YEARS EVE, WHATS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT?

dj9928
31-12-06, 14:19
I always feel depressed this time of year and can't figure out why exactly. I hate New Years eve, I simply can not find any positives in it, I mean theres nothing to look forward to. Anyone else like this?

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

nomorepanic
31-12-06, 14:25
Try and look forward to a fresh new year and think of all the things that you want to change next year. Make a list if it helps.

I personally don't make a new year's resolution but I do think of things that I want to change and improve on as do a lot of people.

I usually end up crying New Year's eve as I look back on the past year and look forward to the new one.

Just some mumblings anyway.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

suzy1984
31-12-06, 14:42
Hi
I also hate new years eve, end up looking back at all the things i havent done over the past year with lots of tears.
Having lost a family member yesterday though i have been reminded how lucky i am to be alive & kicking, no matter how bad a situation seems theres always somebody, somewhere worse off.
New years eve is just another day & its a bit hard to turn your life around in one day just focus on how to improve things over the next year
Ok enough waffling now ;)
love
Suzy xx

miss diagnosis
31-12-06, 17:53
im so sorry to hear about your loss suzy. My thoughts are with u and ur family

tam
31-12-06, 18:55
hi dj i feel like you say,dont and cant feel happy about it being new year,ive just sat here and thought am i sooo sad as i am just hanging around fed up while alot of people around are all happy and celebrating.your definatley not on your own.tc tracy

suzy sorry about your loss my thoughts are with you and your family