PDA

View Full Version : pea and a half sized lump on my neck

tkbaha
12-10-14, 01:59
Hi, My glands under my neck have been swollen for so long almost 2 years now they have not caused me any issues. I have recently found 4 other tiny lumps on the sides of my neck. But the one that I am writing about is a larger one maybe a pea and a bit on the top left of my neck. (on the left of my thyroid) I found it maybe 1 week ago I can pick I up in my skin and move it it does not hurt unless I screw around with it for 20 mins. Of this helps I have had a cough for 3 weeks I think due to the really bad hay fever I get at this time of year (cough is normally in the morning when I wake up. My real question is , could this be thyroid ca cancer? Thanks for reading this btw I'm a male 16. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

always walking
12-10-14, 14:36
I had something that sounds very similar to this some 8 years ago.the doctor did send me for a biopsy but it turned out to be a swollen lymph gland that had gone up to fight infection and never went down again.its still there now ,pea sized hard and moveable under the skin.Try not to worry

Izzie2494
12-10-14, 16:28
Hi I have a lump much bigger on my thyroid, I went to the doctors and turns out it's only a cyst and I can get it removed if it annoys me :) try not to worry. Thyroid lumps are very common and very rarely are cancerous xx