PDA

View Full Version : terrified of brain tumour

WorriedTeen221
12-10-14, 13:26
The last 4 days or so I have had this dizziness. its not like a fall over dizziness or anything, its more like a wave of a woah feeling that hits me and I can shake it off. Neck feels stiff and head heavy feeling. Thats all I have, no vomitting or debilitating headaches or anything else. please help me im 19

AnnieMags
12-10-14, 13:39
There is absolutely no reason to think you have a brain tumour. Dizziness can have so many perfectly innocent explanations (anxiety being one of them!), so do go to your GP for a chat. I am sure he will put your mind at rest. The neck stiffness and heavy head feeling are more than likely due to your present anxiety - without even realising it you are tensing up while worrying. Try to relax - you will be fine. Hugs from Annie :hugs:

WorriedTeen221
12-10-14, 13:50
There is absolutely no reason to think you have a brain tumour. Dizziness can have so many perfectly innocent explanations (anxiety being one of them!), so do go to your GP for a chat. I am sure he will put your mind at rest. The neck stiffness and heavy head feeling are more than likely due to your present anxiety - without even realising it you are tensing up while worrying. Try to relax - you will be fine. Hugs from Annie :hugs:

Thanks for the re assurance. I read online that it is extremely rare for a brain tumour to just develop in the brain and they are much more common to develop as a secondary cancer

AnnieMags
12-10-14, 13:54
That is absolutely true as well - another reason for you not to worry! Have that chat with your GP, though, and knock this fear on the head (pun not intended!) once and for all. :)

WorriedTeen221
12-10-14, 22:42
My neck and back of my head area just feel so heavy like if I tilt it I get a whoah feeling. Anther thing I was at my friends party last night and was drinking a bit and didn't even notice anything all night.

RaverNeko
14-10-14, 21:18
You said your neck is stiff. That could cause it. It can squeeze the neck muscles causing a ton of sensor symptoms. Try giving your neck a massage, or drink some chamomile tea and I'm sure you'll feel better in a bit. Mine last for a week or two then went away for whatever reason.