PDA

View Full Version : hi to all !

always walking
12-10-14, 14:23
Some years ago this forum was my lifeline after going through an awful time with anxiety .I was housebound and on the brink of being hospitalised.....I came through it and yes all of those fear were in my head :blush:.Now im here again feeling the same things I felt at the start of that time again...time to find that support and stop this in its tracks :)

HalfJack
12-10-14, 19:53
Hey :)

almamatters
12-10-14, 20:04
Hi :welcome: back. Sure you will find loads of support on here. I am back after a few months away for the same reason.

always walking
12-10-14, 21:29
hey both of you!
almamatters we have got on top before ,we WILL do it again :)

almamatters
12-10-14, 21:33
You are so right ! :)

jonjones
12-10-14, 21:44
Hi,
In my opinion one of the most important things that you need to do in order to overcome anxiety is build your confidence. Dont forget that you did very well before. So why cant you do well again!
Best,
Jon

always walking
12-10-14, 21:59
Thanks Jon I did have it once ,overcoming anxiety to start my own business.just got to find it again :)

jonjones
13-10-14, 07:53
You still have it within you to overcom it again.

But if I were you this time I would focus on dveleoping your confidence that you can deal with yourself, by keeping a success diary. Write down moments where you were anxious but dealt with yourself.

And then review and remember your past successes. This will develop your confdence, or what Weekes called yor right inner voice. Then next time you are in a difficult situation youll automatically think to yourself, ¨I have been here before, and I dealt with myself fine. This is a piece of cake!¨ :)

Best,

Jon

always walking
13-10-14, 10:25
very good advice Jon .thank you .I do tell myself I will not let this beat me again and I have come out the other side once .I suffer health anxiety so im all good until I feel poorly

jonjones
13-10-14, 13:31
I recommend you tell yourself things based on previous experiences. Because they actually happened. Times when you felt anxious yet practised not fighting and came through it. These things are more easily for your brain to believe than just positive thinking alone, because they happened. And they cant be denied from you.

Best,

Jon

always walking
13-10-14, 17:16
again such great advice.i do feel I have re-trained my brain on so many things since I was at my worst .Now although I still feel fear I am far my likely to do things even if I am doing them scared .I trust my ability to cope far more and given the fact 6 years on none of the things ive worried about over that time have actually happened it gives me strength
thanks Jon

Shapeshifting Lizard
13-10-14, 23:56
Welcome. I have never actually been like this but one of my support workers was housebound for ages after the end of an abusive relationship. She sprung back, and she's the nicest, most dedicated person you could meet. I don't know if this is inspiring or whatevs it might mean nothing but what I'm saying is you have a future ahead, don't miss out on it. So says me xD as if, anyway, welcome to the forum!