PDA

View Full Version : Back to the heart again...

JMorton
12-10-14, 20:34
Today has been weird. I was in the bath, and suddenly I experienced a chest pain over my sternum which lasted only a couple of seconds. It wasn't sharp, but it did have a 'stabbing' quality. I had eaten a packet of Mini Cheddars before getting in the bath. Just now, I was lying down on my bed, having just eaten a roast dinner and eating an oat bar at the time, I had this type of pain again, although slightly more intense. A few minutes later it happened a third time in the day. Then I went into a panic, thinking 'this is the real one, ****ing hell,' and my heart started beating fast as usual. The reason I panicked was that the pains were different from usual, as they felt quite deep, and it definitely wasn't a burning pain. I also had some BACK pain throughout the day which made me worry more.

Both incidents happened after I'd eaten something, and both when I was lying down. I'm going to go to the doctor's tomorrow to ask for more tests (only had ECG and blood work) as I think that's the only thing that will put an end to all this. I've been referred for therapy.