PDA

View Full Version : What is going on? :(

TheMusicGuy6
13-10-14, 13:05
So i've had anxiety for about 1 year and 6 month's it kicked off when i was under extreme stress. My anxiety was so bad i rarely left the house, i felt so sick and as if i had the flu, but thankfully it passed and i could manage with it really well.
The past 2 weeks, i've felt a little more anxious, feeling the need to get out when i feel stressed, this giving me heart palpitations. Im so conscious then about my heart rate which is jumping up then going back down....high of 100bpm and resting about 66bpm. I keep getting this small chest pains and some pains in my arm, although i did have this before with my anxiety last year.
I sometimes get headaches also. Is this all related to my anxiety? or does it sound like heart problems?

:)

MrAndy
13-10-14, 13:07
100% anxiety related symptoms
are you getting any counselling or therapy ?

jonjones
13-10-14, 13:35
This is a very very common complaint from an anxiety sufferer, although I think its best to get it checked out for peace of mind.

Sympotms such as heart palpitation are due to your body being under stress. When you think anxious thoughts your body has an emotion of fear, anger, frustration etc and these are then recorded by your body, causing physical sympotms, palpitations, sweating, tension, churning stomach etc etc they can be unique to each person.

Then the constant worrying sustains them.

Try to take deep breaths and let yourelf feel however you feel!

Best,,

Jon

TheMusicGuy6
13-10-14, 13:47
Thanks for the quick response! To add I'm 21, non smoker, rarely consume alcohol, have a fair diet