PDA

View Full Version : Gallstones/Gallbladder problems?!

RyanM1994
13-10-14, 15:56
Hi,

I'm so confused and scared, no idea why.

I've been to my doctors twice now with right sided abdominal cramping (does not really come on in episodes, comes on for a few seconds each time then goes. Can also be a sharp pain).

My doctor does not think it's Gallstones, he said it is possible, but he pushed on my right upper abdomen and I felt no pain. I did feel pain when he pushed my muscle against my rib, so he thinks this is the problem.

I'm getting all/most of the symptoms of Gallstones, Heartburn, Indigestion, Pain, sometimes I get darker urine, right sided headaches.

The problem is, I want to go back and ask for an ultrasound, but I don't want to keep taking time off from my new job and ruining everything.

The pain isn't overly severe, and doesn't stop me doing things, but it is enough to notice.

Should I be worried? I am 20 years old, am rather over weight and have slightly high cholesterol. I do not drink or smoke

I'm worried that it's going to cause me major issues right now and that everything is just going to end. I don't know why I'm so scared, I just want to work and get on with my life.

Please help me, what do you guys think?

MrAndy
13-10-14, 16:46
even if it was gallstones its quite common and easily treated,worrying about it wont make it go away.The pain would be very severe from gallstones it might be a bruised rib or tender stomach.If your urine is dark you need to drink more water

RyanM1994
13-10-14, 16:57
how long should I leave it before I go and see the doctor again, if at all? See this pain is not severe, that's why I'm not sure, although I have everything else.

Thanks for the help, should I be scared of the possible complications, even though it has not been diagnosed?

Haven't been this anxious in a while, don't know what's wrong with me

MrAndy
13-10-14, 17:01
stop worrying and go and see your doctor ,if they dont think its anything serious it should put your mind at rest

Fishmanpa
13-10-14, 18:10
Things like gallstones and such are not a sharp pain that lasts a second or two and go away. They come on and stay on.

Positive thoughts

SADnomore
14-10-14, 03:26
Doubling over with pain. Takes your breath away pain. Can't walk need help to get to car to get to hospital pain.

Don't feel unsure. If you don't have this, you don't have gallstones. For sure.

Mondie
14-10-14, 09:30
As someone who has had gallstones and then my gallbladder removed you would not be second guessing it. I was on the floor in severe pain, it was worse pain than having my son! I also developed jaundice so there was no doubt something was wrong.

wnsos
14-10-14, 11:45
I second what everyone else has said here, you'd definitely know if you had stones! However my gall stones were caused by an unhealthy diet and being overweight. The pain could possibly be ibs?