PDA

View Full Version : Waking up and forgetting where you are?

tan235
13-10-14, 19:41
HI all,

I've had it few times over the years.
I wake up suddenly and look around my own room and can't remember it.
It takes me a while to remember where i am.
Once I woke up and actually forgot who I was - that was weird.
Of course I'm thinking dementia.

I use to get it if I stayed somewhere else and woke up in the middle of the night - but not my own house so much.

Does anyone else get this?
Love reassurance!
I'm too young to get Dementia!

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Anyone?

JustBenn
13-10-14, 19:49
HI all,

I've had it few times over the years.
I wake up suddenly and look around my own room and can't remember it.
It takes me a while to remember where i am.
Once I woke up and actually forgot who I was - that was weird.
Of course I'm thinking dementia.

I use to get it if I stayed somewhere else and woke up in the middle of the night - but not my own house so much.

Does anyone else get this?
Love reassurance!
I'm too young to get Dementia!

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Anyone?

Hey there Tan, thanks for commenting on my Seizure thread, really helpful, hope we can still chat some more, and help each other out. :)

From time to time, I wake up confused too, sometimes I forget my name, forget where I am, for a split second, I too find myself looking around my room, but quickly remember where I am, and just go back to sleep. A new day and all that haha. what ever happens in bed stays in bed. :roflmao:

I think pretty much everyone has had this one time or another in their lives, When my alarm clock rings early in the Morning, I wake up confused and forget how to turn it off and start slapping it hoping for the best. :D

chickpea
13-10-14, 20:15
I've lived with my husband and children in this house for 14 years, but I STILL imagine that I'm in my old family home from time to time - I can be lying in bed and picture the rooms downstairs, but it's the rooms in my family house I see.
The same thing happens when I think about the street outside - sometimes I think I'm in my old town, not here, if that makes sense.

tan235
13-10-14, 20:18
Thanks chickpea! Yes it makes sense I"ve done that before too.

JustBenn
16-10-14, 15:09
When your in bed and awake in the middle of the night, does anyone feel that they're still dreaming?

So your half aware and half not.