PDA

View Full Version : Head injury

ballerina
13-10-14, 22:45
My boyfriend picked me up and hit my head against the wall by accident pretty hard, I feel a bit sick and I'm panicking thinking I have blurry vision, and I can feel like something in my head is running but all this could be anxiety, I am terrified of head injuries and I'm scared I won't wake up in the morning :/ ahhh help, I can't go to a and e, my mum's at her boyfriend's and I'm alone,I'm so scared

Catherine S
13-10-14, 23:31
How did he hit your head against a wall accidently? No judgement only curiosity.

ISB x

JustBenn
13-10-14, 23:44
As long as you didn't fall unconscious, that is always a good sign that it was only a minor head injury.

Just rest and take it easy and recover. :)

ballerina
14-10-14, 01:37
He picked me up to see if I was sitting on his phone, the wall/ceiling is really low near the couch, as it's the attic room

I went to a and e just to be safe, no memory loss, no loss of consciousness, feel sick but didn't throw up, they sent me home and said I'll be fine, looking back I think I was having a panic attack which worsened the symptoms

ballerina
16-10-14, 13:32
Ahh still worrying about it :/
I've got so much pressure in my head it feels like it's going to explode
It happened on monday and it's thursday, if something was going to happen would it have happened by now?
Anything involving my head scares me so much

Earthmum
16-10-14, 19:25
Yes it would of happened by now,you will be fine just relax you are feeling exaggerated symptoms because of the Anxiety, our skulls are pretty thick and most people smash their heads on something on a daily basis and they are fine, my husband hit his head pretty badly last month and there was so much blood pouring out ( the head bleeds so much)
And he felt faint and sick but refused to see a doctor, of course I kept an eye on him and he was fine he didn't even think about it after, I was the one worrying, he now has a lovely scar on his head where really he should have had a couple of stitches there!
So pls don't worry and try to relax and use some affirmations " my head is healing and is getting better and better" it may sound mad but our brains really can trick our bodies into believing its healing , hope this has given you a little comfort ;)

ballerina
17-10-14, 15:03
Yes it would of happened by now,you will be fine just relax you are feeling exaggerated symptoms because of the Anxiety, our skulls are pretty thick and most people smash their heads on something on a daily basis and they are fine, my husband hit his head pretty badly last month and there was so much blood pouring out ( the head bleeds so much)
And he felt faint and sick but refused to see a doctor, of course I kept an eye on him and he was fine he didn't even think about it after, I was the one worrying, he now has a lovely scar on his head where really he should have had a couple of stitches there!
So pls don't worry and try to relax and use some affirmations " my head is healing and is getting better and better" it may sound mad but our brains really can trick our bodies into believing its healing , hope this has given you a little comfort ;)

Thank you :)
Where I banged my head anymore doesn't hurt but I still have a throbbing headache, trying to convince myself it's tension from anxiety, not a brain bleed, surely if it was a brain bleed it would've bled out after 5 days!

anthrokid
18-10-14, 01:30
After 5 days you would have quite severe symptoms if it were a brain bleed. It's much more likely that your headache is just from muscle tension from anxiety, or muscle tension as a result of the bang. It should subside when you start to relax a bit.