PDA

View Full Version : blue tinge lips!

Amylee1982
13-10-14, 23:06
Hi everyone

Ive suffered with health anxiety...depression n panic attacks for about 6 years now and ivr been doing okish...however today i was driving i looked in the mirror which i do often checkin my lips arent blue but today they looked blue...thought maybe because of cold as i was freezin...i used my oximeter and it was 98% i still was happy aboit it...i wasnt breathless at all though...the more i looked the more blue they looked...my mum agreed a blue tinge which i do have but to me looked far worse.

I guess im wondering if anyone as had this?
Is it possible to have blue lips due to a serious problem and not be breathless?
and with my oxygen levels to be 98% does that mean it more likely from the cold and me looking at them constantly.

My heart started skippin...it kinda felt it was speedin up but i was such in a panic i dunno whats real.

thanks in advance xxxx

Amylee1982
14-10-14, 11:38
Anyone please? Its making me freak that noone as replied. Maybe people dont want to say anything incase i freak more :(((( x

Brunette
15-10-14, 12:52
It's most likely to be the cold, yes.

ohwell123
15-10-14, 21:50
hi its horrible to feel like this scanning yourself for problems ive looked back on some things and thought how stupid I was but they seemed so real at the time

recently ive noticed my thumbs covered in mysterious paper cuts so there I was searching if anxiety can cause such a thing etc etc some bleeding annoyingly aswell

then I got a new dog lead and noticed within a week my thumbs healed up only to realise the spring lever on the old lead had a sharp bit of metal gashing my thumb everytime I put dogs lead on but not enough for me to notice:D:yesyes:

Amylee1982
16-10-14, 21:34
I hate this. I think it his cold but i always have that lil doubt �� x

insideyourfreekit
16-10-14, 21:57
I also get blue lips now and again it doesn't last very long and I never really worried about it, until my mum spotted it and said I aught to go to doctors and get it checked. So I did and there was nothing wrong with my oxygen levels and he didn't know what caused it. The only thing he could suggest is when it happens go to a&e and get them to check me. However it doesn't last long enough to get there so I don't think that will ever happen!
I wonder if it only people with anxiety problems get this (and tinnitus as well!)

Amylee1982
17-10-14, 00:46
I get tinnitus too. Does your go blue when your cold or are you panicking? x

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Do all your lips go blue or just the edges x

insideyourfreekit
18-10-14, 09:16
Mine go blue quiet randomly as far as I can tell, I have never felt consciously anxietyish when this has happened, sometimes it will be just when we are about to go out or sat watching t.v. next time it happens I'll have to register my emotions at the time to see if there is a link. They are blue all over when it happens darker at the edges. My mum thought I had just eaten something that had stained my lips!

Amylee1982
20-10-14, 23:06
Do you have asthma? Mayb your breathing differently. You mean darker as in normal pink or like a purple.colour. next time it happens im goin to a n e but im sure mine is linked to the cold x

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

I would suggest you going to just to see what they say x

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Do you feel other symptoms too x

insideyourfreekit
21-10-14, 17:35
No asthma though I don't breath the full strength I should do, I was checked for asthma a bit back and did that blowing machine. I think it is a hereditary thing as my mum doesn't have blowing strength either. If I or someone notices whilst I am near a pharmacy or hospital I will go and ask about it, it never lasts for more than a minute or so. they go a purpley blue. no other symptoms either, I never can tell myself, someone always tells me 'your lips are blue!' or 'what have you been eating?'

Amylee1982
22-10-14, 22:02
So people are really noticing it. Thats bizarre..mayb you could take a picture or video that way you could show the hosp if it goes by the time you get there :)))

It could be cold...or mayb shallow breathing or it could be normal for you but best to get it checked.

insideyourfreekit
23-10-14, 16:43
That's a good idea, I never thought about that, taking a photo. Thanks!

(I keep thinking that that sounds sarcastic but I don't mean it to sound like that, I genuinely think that is a good idea!)

Amylee1982
23-10-14, 17:26
I never thought it sounded sarcastic until you mentioned it haha x

insideyourfreekit
23-10-14, 19:21
Good! (Blimy I worry about ANYTHING!!!!)

Amylee1982
23-10-14, 21:51
I kno im the same. Wish i wasnt i hate being like this x

insideyourfreekit
24-10-14, 20:41
It is only recently I have 'come out' and admitted to myself and close family and friends that I am an anxiety head! I still haven't said anything at work to bosses though as I know I will be judged by this and I will start getting observed more and asked how I am, and I like to stay in the background under the radar as much as possible! Sometimes I wish for a magic wand to put everything right cos it is horrible being like this and frustrating (those tense moments agonising in front of the kettle and half made cup of tea, did I rinse that cup before I put the teabag in? I'll have to empty it and start again, I better get a clean spoon too in case that got anything on it from the cup...BLAH!)

Amylee1982
24-10-14, 22:50
Yes i kno it comes with a lot of stigma. Its an awful thing to seal with im also searching for that magic wand! 😆 wish you well in the future. Please keep me posted...have a good weekend x

insideyourfreekit
26-10-14, 08:07
I wont be online for a week as not going to have internet access. I will still be here! (searching for that wand!)

Amylee1982
26-10-14, 14:29
Ok hun. Hope your ok x

ohwell123
27-10-14, 11:10
look on the bright side nothing serious has happened and I remember reading this post a good week ago

Amylee1982
27-10-14, 12:42
Its the anticipation of what could happen whats the problem x