PDA

View Full Version : Fear of having another panic attack like the other night

KelseyK92
14-10-14, 00:17
I never slept much over the last few days so I'm catching up with sleep now but what happened was I took 2 cheap power kick caffeine pills in the morning, feel asleep a few hours later, I also took lots of pain killers like paracetamol which also contain caffeine, I also drank a lot of coffee but I made a very strong coffee with about 5 teaspoons of coffee granules, as soon as I drank it I thought oh no, because it gives me anxiety and panic attacks sometimes, I also took laxatives and never ate much for the day. But that night, I randomly had sweats, I felt sick and my anxiety and panic attacks were off the roof, it scared me SO much because I've not had a panic attack for so long because I am on Prozac, I was on prozac for a while, last month I was on citalopram but I've gone back to prozac because I didn't like citalopram side effects. I think that because I took laxatives and never ate and drank lots of coffee my body was lacking in a certain b vitamin maybe? The panic attack was so bad that I thought I was going to kill myself and also I got the frozen numb crawling feeling on my tongue which is an anxiety symptom then I wrote online weird sensation on tongue and it said something about a brain tumour which made my anxiety much worse because I have hypochondria but the fact that I was sweating makes me think that the anxiety was coffee induced because coffee makes me sweat and I think that the pills didn't agree with me? I've been on prozac for nearly a month again and I can't believe that I had a panic attack and I'm so scared because I felt like I couldn't breathe. I'm SO scared of it happening again. I feel better every day, maybe it's the pills wearing off??????

nomorepanic
14-10-14, 00:20
Caffeine is a bad idea and no wonder you felt so rubbish after that.

You need to look after yourself and eat as well

KelseyK92
14-10-14, 00:22
I'm just so scared of it happening again, the thought of it happening again makes me feel like I have a lump in my throat and makes me feel like I'm going to have another panic attack, it's so scary. I think the coffee is wearing off now though.

nomorepanic
14-10-14, 13:45
Steer clear of the caffeine and make sure you eat regular meals and there is no reason to have another panic attack like that one

Brunette
14-10-14, 16:37
Way, way too much caffeine!

Steer clear of it and I doubt you will ever have a panic attack of that magitude again.