PDA

View Full Version : Doctors visit today - how it went

puzzledlass
14-10-14, 01:11
Ok, so I've had a long standing panic with bowel cancer. It started when I had rectal bleeding a few months back. I had a FOBT which came back clear.

Fast forward, I hadn't had the bleeding for a while and then it came back. Bright pink/red blood on the toilet tissue and once on top of the stool. I went to doctors and I had another FOBT done which I got the results of today. Clear. Also my CBC was completely normal.

Because all of this doesn't medically equate to showing signs of bowel cancer, I won't get a referral to a gastro. And if I did I would be low priority and last on the list. Which is understandable.

I have no idea why the bleeding. My doc explained how the digestive system worked and what would happen if there WAS a tumour, how there would be blood all the time and it would get worse, not come and go. She has no concerns and does not think I need a colonoscopy.

What I am worried about now is that sometimes I wiall have the floating poos and there is (what looks like) black bits in it. Not the whole stool just bits of it.

Fishmanpa
14-10-14, 01:33
Sometimes poo floats. It's trapped air for goodness sakes!

With all due respect PLass... please get some help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
14-10-14, 01:42
Getting referral for counselling was part of todays session you will be pleased to know FMP

Fishmanpa
14-10-14, 02:00
Getting referral for counselling was part of todays session you will be pleased to know FMP

:yesyes: Way to go PLass... that's really good to hear!

Positive thoughts

SADnomore
14-10-14, 03:00
That's great, puzzledlass! All the best with your counseling! :hugs:You deserve some peace for sure :flowers:
Marie

puzzledlass
14-10-14, 03:31
Something has to be done for sure. At the moment I can't stop thinking about black bits in poop argh

Fishmanpa
14-10-14, 03:34
Something has to be done for sure. At the moment I can't stop thinking about black bits in poop argh

I could think of a thousand more pleasant things to think about ~lol~

Positive thoughts

SADnomore
14-10-14, 03:52
Right. Nothing to do with poo. Lololol!!

Sorry. I know you've been really worried, and I hope now that you know it's your anxiety, not your bowels/colon that you'll be able to focus on your anxiety issue to hand. ... But ... Can you see why it's funny? It's POO!! :roflmao: You're not supposed to worry about your poo until the nursing home! That's what the old folks in wheelchairs think about - when will I be able to poo? How long has it been since I poo-ed last ... Hmm, was it after lunch? No, no. They wheeled me out here in the hall for lunch. Damn nurses, now I don't know for sure! ... (And then there's always the smug one. The one who crows proudly oh, I poo every morning right after meds! Like clockwork! See, I make them take me to my bathroom and they come round and fetch me out after my bed's made up! I always know, if my bed is made, that means I've poo-ed today! .. Insufferable.)

puzzledlass
14-10-14, 07:26
Haha I know. It's always poos!

wnsos
14-10-14, 11:42
I have similar worries to you so I'm really happy for you that you got the all clear. :hugs:

littlemissworry.x
14-10-14, 12:37
I have similar worries to u, ive had blood on the tissue a few times and also have had little black bits in my poo. I panicked and was convinced it was bowel cancer went to the docs who said bright red blood is usually no cause for concern and the black bits could be undigested bits of food.. i havnt had the black bits since..i still have blood occasionally but im pretty sure its from a tear sorry for tmi lol. Just try and relax. I went through a stage of always checking my poo for blood or black bits but i realised i was being very silly and was letring it takw over my life x

puzzledlass
15-10-14, 02:51
Thanks for the replies all xox

It's a tricky one for me to deal with as I *should* be happy with a normal
Blood test and negative FOBT surely?

It's hard cause I might never know what caused the blood.

firecracker777
15-10-14, 02:53
Could it be hemorrhoids? I get occasional bleeding. Usually bright red and when the bowel movement has been a particularly rough one.

puzzledlass
15-10-14, 03:35
My bowel movements are rarely hard. If anything they lean on side of loose.