PDA

View Full Version : is this night terrors?

ohwell123
14-10-14, 10:15
hi for the last year ive been dealing with chronic anxiety health anxiety that has turned more into GAd that makes me feel run down everywhere I understand it...

but for the last week ive experienced a new thing as im falling asleep I literally jolt out the bed I understand that's night jitters but its accompanied with a terrible stabbing pain that shoots from my sternum and slightly down abdomen but as soon as this pain wakes me it goes as quick as it comes

im already paranoid over my heart chest area enough as it is with the trapped wind and gerd I get occasionally but this jolt accompanied by the pain is just great

if any 'expert' tells me the magic words accept its just anxiety I feel like fly kicking them lol

but on a serious note im starting to get angry with people I love over little things its just not me and ill be surprised if I have any teeth left with the grinding I do booked in for docs nxt week I shouldn't feel like this at 31

tk care kris

Fonril
15-10-14, 12:56
I don't think it's night terrors, they're more like outright nightmares. The jolt thing often happens me, though not the pain as well. It usually happens to me just as I'm drifting off to sleep so I'm presuming it is some kind of reaction to my body shutting down to sleep, like a reflex thing. I often feel when it happens like I'm falling or have kicked something, if that makes sense.

The pain though, I'm unsure about but if it only happens when you jolt like this then presumably it's nothing to worry about, it might be just a muscle pain from the jolt.

ohwell123
15-10-14, 21:34
hi yeah ive jogged for a good hour since then so I don't think its cardio related, horrible when it happened though