PDA

View Full Version : depersonalisation

neonpink_smurf
31-12-06, 18:16
hi all!
I know the depersonalisation is really common! but i've been getting it so much recently and i don't know why! I feel like i'm just drifting through not really experiencing anything i get it especially when i'm travelling or shopping.. Its really irritating, i just want to snap out of it! any tips??

PITITA
31-12-06, 19:28
No Im afraid, I've been having the same problem lately. Its most annoying that it happens at work throughout the whole day so I am never really sure if Im doing everythign right because I can't concentrate so Im just functioning without thinking.
I just realized though that it comes and goes so if I try not give in to the worry about the DR it seems to have less of a grip on me, but its very hard I know! xxx

feels_like_home
31-12-06, 23:38
Hi,
I get this symptom as well. It used to be a lot worse because I would constantly worry about it. Now that I know what it is I feel a little tiny bit better about it. Sometimes it still scares me though. I have learned to cope with this feeling by rationalizing what it is and how it won't hurt me. Then I distract myself. I try to do somthing that requires me to think (like a puzzle) or something physical like working out. I find it harder to deal with at work, but still try to find anyway to distract myself. I hope this helps.
Take care,
Michelle