PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever woke up anxious for no reason?

JustBenn
14-10-14, 15:59
Whether you were sleeping or half asleep, then suddenly awake feeling scared and anxious and whatever you were thinking about or dreaming about before are suddenly forgotten and you can't recall it, then start worrying even more.

Anyone had this before?

gregcool
14-10-14, 16:33
I get this alot,wake for no reason feeling anxious then cant fall back to sleep

MrAndy
14-10-14, 16:46
almost every day

meche
14-10-14, 16:52
Yeh - nights like that can have a huge impact on me. Most nights I sleep soundly and wake feeling refreshed but sometimes I have restless nights full of anxiety & I don't know why. It can be quite disturbing at times. Another joyful symptom of anxiety!!! :wacko:

JustBenn
14-10-14, 17:04
I'm worried that it was temporal lobe seizure, because when I woke there was a rush type feeling in my head, and I can't recall whether I was awake or half asleep or what I was thinking about. And I started to sweat while panicking.

JustBenn
14-10-14, 23:21
Does anxiety come with out of body sensation, where you see your face from the outside?

swanick15
15-10-14, 01:11
Does anxiety come with out of body sensation, where you see your face from the outside?

That sounds like the near death experiences that people who have surgery say they have had

JustBenn
15-10-14, 01:28
That sounds like the near death experiences that people who have surgery say they have had

I was just day dreaming about something, and my just face randomly popped into my imaginations. :scared15:

Has anyone had this?

LittleMissMadge
15-10-14, 15:47
Oh yes all the time.I wake up shaking sometimes.I remember saying to my doctor "How can I be anxious,ive been asleep?" but she said your brain doesn't turn off just because youre asleep.Its still there.Theres no escaping it is there:shrug::D xxx

anxiouskitten
15-10-14, 16:15
pretty much every day....for the first few seconds (or minutes, if it's a good day) i feel fine (sometimes i even say to myself "wow...i feel good today!")....then i can feel the anxiety start to move in, almost like a wave....my heart starts beating faster, my legs and arms start to feel shaky, and i start to have the "oh no...here it comes again" thoughts....it's brutal, isn't it? and even when i remind myself that i feel like this almost every day, and that it's "just" anxiety, my brain has already kicked my body into overdrive...adrenaline coursing and all that. it's all i can do some days to get up and take a shower becuase i'm trembling so much....i'm sure that, like everything else, this too shall pass...just not soon enough for my liking :)

WorriedTeen221
15-10-14, 16:27
Does anyone else ever feel that whenever you are worrying about a specific disease, you hear about it everywhere? Like when I worry about cancer, I see loads of cancer ads, people talking about it ect. Or when worrying about going blind, I see ads about guide dogs for blind ect.? lol

JustBenn
15-10-14, 17:18
Does anyone else ever feel that whenever you are worrying about a specific disease, you hear about it everywhere? Like when I worry about cancer, I see loads of cancer ads, people talking about it ect. Or when worrying about going blind, I see ads about guide dogs for blind ect.? lol

Most definitely, I see it on the internet, tv shows etc, it's weird that haha.
I think it to myself, maybe that's a sign that it will happen, but it never does, it just makes my anxiety go up higher.

Vitali
15-10-14, 17:28

All the time! Just another day with #healthanxiety :|

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

The National Institute for Mental Health has a good article on this. Google NIMH GAD. (I can't post links yet)

Vitali

JustBenn
15-10-14, 17:31
Oh yes all the time.I wake up shaking sometimes.I remember saying to my doctor "How can I be anxious,ive been asleep?" but she said your brain doesn't turn off just because youre asleep.Its still there.Theres no escaping it is there:shrug::D xxx

That's what I think about, Why am I anxious when I've been asleep.
Thank's for clearing that up for me, LittleMissMadge x :)