PDA

View Full Version : New sufferer of Anxiety. Are these common?

HoldingoutforHope
15-10-14, 03:13
This isn't really a question for a diagnosis but rather I wanted to ask if anyone has had any similar experience with what I am going through. I suffer from health anxiety and GAD apparently and I am always looking for reassurance when I find a new fear. Recently my body has experienced muscle twitching in my thigh and arms, and of course I have NEVER experienced twitching in any area or at least any that would cause me to notice. So of course the first thing I did was look on google (big mistake) and it caused a very keen fear of you guessed it ALS and MS.

Of course this was about a month ago and back then I was constantly panicking and crying because I was so scared that I had some horrible disease. My GP told me it was anxiety I was experiencing and that it would only get worse because I needed to calm down. A month later and the twitching has pretty much stopped but now Im experiencing vibrations in my feet and shakiness in my hands. Along with the random muscle aching especially in my hands and thighs. I am still very sensitive about my fear constantly testing my body and being very conscious that I do not trip and walk normally. It has been three weeks since my last panic attack, and I am pretty convinced at this point that I do not have any sort of horrible disease as I have gone to counseling and have decided to listen to my GP.

My question is as a unsure person who has never dealt with anxiety before is are the vibrations and muscle aching I'm feeling normal for anxiety sufferers? I have had freak out episodes in the past but never to the point where my body is in pain and vibrating :huh:

Mondie
15-10-14, 13:11
I experience the same symptoms of you and I believe it to be anxiety. I'm going through a period of prolonged worry so I'm not surprised my body is on edge.

I am trying to ignore the symptoms, not giving them the time of day. Hopefully they will disappear as quickly as they appeared.

If you read the symptoms list of the left of the screen you can read why we get shakes, vibrations and twitches with anxiety.

Take care x

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Also if you read the sticky thread at the top of the forum about MS worriers, that may help you x

Jocruz
15-10-14, 17:34
I just made a post about this I went through als anxiety for about 5 months