PDA

View Full Version : Change in medication - how long for side effects?

Fonril
15-10-14, 12:53
I recently got switched from 30mg of Zispin (Mirtazapine) onto 50mg of Lustral (Sertraline) as my GP said the Zispin might be hindering my attempts to lose weight.

I had to do a week of no medication, then a week of 25mg of Lustral and I'm into Day 4 of the full 50mg pill of Lustral. I've found that my anxiety levels have gone through the roof the last few days and once I wake up, no matter what time it is, I can't get back to sleep.

It's obviously making it hard to focus at work too because I'm so tired. The GP did warn me I might feel "Jittery" but I thought he was referring to the withdrawal from the Zispin so I'm not sure what's going on now is normal.

I'm inclined to just be patient and hope things settle but wondered if anyone had been through a similar experience?

toetsie
27-10-14, 09:55
side effects normally only last about 2weeks. but after the 2weeks go back to your DR and tell him

SADnomore
27-10-14, 18:53
Can't remember how long it was for me with sertraline, but s/e with venlaxafine lasted 5-6 weeks, with occasional jitter "bursts" after that, coming fewer and further apart. At 12 weeks, and again at 6 months, I noticed better functioning. :)