PDA

View Full Version : This is a nightmare

Modestaustin811
15-10-14, 16:06
Hey everyone, so I was suddenly struck down with the flu starting last night, fever, body aches, the whole 9 yards. I was suppose to start my colonoscopy prep today and have my colonscopy tomorrow, but since I have a fever and the flu I wasn't comfortable doing the prep.

I got this appointment as a favour, and pleaded to get this colonoscopy. I had to cancel last minute, and now i'm probably put on the back of the line, it takes forever to get procedures here in canada.

This is just a nightmare, I've been dealing with stomach and bowel problems for pretty much the entire year, and because of this illness I have to wait even longer.

I'm just venting, but this is awful. Any words of advice? I suffer from panic disorder, that's why I was hoping my symptoms may be ibs. But it's like I can't catch a break, I'm meant to suffer, and constantly worry about what's wrong with me.

I had this doctor 3 years ago too, and I canceled on him before, so now he thinks i'm making it up, but i'm actually sick this time I swear! Doing the prep would take everything out of me cause I'm already weak and sick.

chickpea
15-10-14, 19:41
You've done the right thing to cancel.
I've had a colonoscopy, and you need to feel well enough to have the prep and starve yourself.
As for your bowel issues, do you mind saying what the symptoms are?

I have Crohn's and IBS, so well-versed in bowel stuff!