PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do any more

Confused&scared
15-10-14, 17:00
I'm in my third year at uni, the workload is crazy, I have just over 7 weeks to write 3 2000 word assignments, write and deliver 3 10 minute presentations and write half my dissertation. I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago and had my dose of Citalopram upped from 20mg to 30mg and have yet to see any benefit. I'm waiting for a phone appointment with the healthy minds service next Thursday that will determine a treatment plan for me but I have so little concentration and focus at the moment that I really have no idea how I am going to be able to do my work. There is so much going around and around in my brain that I'm unable to function properly.:weep:

messed up times
15-10-14, 17:28
I have never use those med's but I hope it gets better soon mate have a (((hug))) :hugs: x

chickpea
15-10-14, 19:28
That sounds like a huge amount of work.
I know it sounds obvious, but the only way you will start to feel better about it is to start - choose one small part, set yourself a time limit manageable,( say 15 minutes) and make a start.
Just feeling like you have a grip on it will make you feel less overwhelmed.
The 15 minute rule works on the principle that starting anything is the hardest bit - so if you set yourself a very manageable and un-scary 15 minutes, the idea is that you will feel more able to start...and. y the time 15 minutes is up, you'll wish you could carry on. Don't! Just do 15 minutes the first time. The next time, set the same time limit, but carry on if you want to. If you don't, stop.
It's psychological, but it does work.:yesyes: