PDA

View Full Version : When your anxious, Is it common to find things familiar?

JustBenn
15-10-14, 20:35
Hey, :)

Its just every time I watch, hear, think or read, something always reminds me of something, the more that I think about it, the more I find more things familiar. I always seem to recognize and remember something, whether it be a song or word etc

For example, today I hear a song that I heard before, and it automatically reminds me of someone else I heard sing it.

Is it just me?

venusbluejeans
15-10-14, 21:54
Nothing to do with Anxiety....... completely normal and just part of being human.

JustBenn
15-10-14, 21:58
Nothing to do with Anxiety....... completely normal and just part of being human.

Now that you put it like that, I feel silly now for starting the thread haha, :D Is there a limit to the number of times it can happen, its been happening a lot today, always get reminded of something.

venusbluejeans
15-10-14, 22:03
Lol yep....most things remind you of something, I saw a cow today and it reminded me of a time when I was little and we had a cow stick its head through our living room window :roflmao:

completely normal :) .......well maybe cows sticking its head trough your window isn't normal though haha

JustBenn
15-10-14, 22:07
Lol yep....most things remind you of something, I saw a cow today and it reminded me of a time when I was little and we had a cow stick its head through our living room window :roflmao:

completely normal :) .......well maybe cows sticking its head trough your window isn't normal though haha

:D:D That did make me laugh, must have been funny at the time, I can understand how it reminds you of that time,
I think the Cow had Health Anxiety and was looking for some company. :D

venusbluejeans
15-10-14, 22:30
hahaha :D we lived next to a field, had the curtains closed as the sun was shining directly through the window and in pops a cows head...... it was funny..... open the curtains and there were about 8 more cows wandering about the garden :D

debs71
16-10-14, 01:18
Hi OCD.SUX,

Nope. It's not just you.

I agree that it is a natural thing to do, but I am wondering if this is also due to the heightened senses we have when we are anxious/have anxiety? We become aware of and our brains work overtime to every little thing I think.....I know I do when I am anxious, so I am sure that there is a link there somewhere. x :winks:

JustBenn
16-10-14, 13:39
Hi OCD.SUX,

Nope. It's not just you.

I agree that it is a natural thing to do, but I am wondering if this is also due to the heightened senses we have when we are anxious/have anxiety? We become aware of and our brains work overtime to every little thing I think.....I know I do when I am anxious, so I am sure that there is a link there somewhere. x :winks:

Thanks Debs, I agree too, when were anxious we tend to analyse and question literally every symptom we think we have.