PDA

View Full Version : terrified

gallag
16-10-14, 14:33
Hi guys,

First time poster. Came across this forum as I was googling around about my symptoms. I've read a lot of the topics and found them comforting but just wanted to relate my story.

For the past month I've had a weakness/pain in my left arm and left leg. It feels weak at first but then often aches after any type of activity. The most worrying thing is it seems to be getting worse.

I haven't been dropping things or tripping up but I feel like that will start happening soon.

I suffer from pretty bad anxiety but I never really would have called it health anxiety. I've been under a huge amount of stress lately with my job.

Basically I am sure I have motor neuron disease. Like totally convinced. I can't handle it. I keep breaking down in tears in work and can't stop freaking out. I just keep envisioning the worse.

I've been to the doctor who performed some strength tests and checked my muscle mass. He said he can see no sign of the disease but is referring me to a neurologist for reassurance, the thought of which terrifies me.

I guess the reason I'm so scared is the problems aren't abating and I know MND disease has no period of remission.

I can't function with the worry. The doctor gave me xanex to calm down but it's barely helping. I can't even trust my own body anymore. every twinge or sensation is to me another sign of the disease.

I'm a 29 year old male and I know MND is very rare but I keep thinking... well somebody has to get it, why not me.

I don't even know what I'm looking for here. I'm so scared.

nomorepanic
16-10-14, 14:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.