PDA

View Full Version : Having to make a big move along with Agoraphobia

MommyLondon
16-10-14, 16:32
Hello...I'm somewhat new to the forum....I wanted to ask of those here with Agoraphobia...if any of you have ever had to move to a new city with having Agoraphobia ? If so, how hard was it and would you mind sharing any coping techniques ?

Thank you for taking the time to read and I'm hoping to hear back from someone.

Take care

LeAnne :)

lisa1975
16-10-14, 22:16
you will be fine try taking an ipod listen to music read a book distract yourself just remember theirs nothing physically wrong with you an you will be fine :yesyes:

MommyLondon
17-10-14, 01:04
Thank you for the reply Lisa..I appreciate the support.....Do you have Agoraphobia?

Take care

lisa1975
17-10-14, 16:14
I did Hun for a long time I don't anymore I still have slight anxiety wich I'm having a flare up of but I got over the agoraphobia took a long time so I no how scarey it is but you will be fine just remember theirs nothing physically wrong with you an has horrible as it is you will be ok xx

MommyLondon
18-10-14, 15:17
Thank you Lisa...I'm glad you were able to beat it...That gives me some hope...I'm waking up with anxiety every morning here lately because we still havnt left to make the move yet...Hubby is waiting on me to say I'm ready...I'm not sure I can make those words come out...I have a hypnotherapy session coming up on Monday..I'm hoping that at least takes the edge off of things...At this point I just want to hurry up and be there already so I can deal with the anxiety of being in unfamiliar surroundings..

Thank you for allowing me to vent..

Take care