PDA

View Full Version : pain in right side..dull ache..worried..still..

10Asda
16-10-14, 17:29
I have this pain..its where your latissimus dorsi is..im convinced ive got something like lung cancer..it goes for couple of mins then comes back..on and off etc etc..i took 2 painkillers to no avail..please someone reassure me..i feel so scared at the mo..i cant ring drs until tomorrow.

anthrokid
18-10-14, 01:46
Honestly, I had to google what a latissmus dorsi was, haha. Sounds like it could just be muscle spasms caused by things like stress, tension and poor posture.

MyNameIsTerry
18-10-14, 08:46
Do you suffer from a lot of physical tension? I get this and have been getting it, often daily when my GAD flares up, for years and its just a muscular thing due to all the tensing. It can compromise your breathing, not dangerous of course just that it can impact normal breathing, and you may also find tension in your side, which in my case is prevalent in my right side.

Posture as Anthrokid said could also be a reason for this or maybe a combination of the two.

You may find stretching exercises help with muscular pain.

For muscular tension you could try Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR).

oldnews
18-10-14, 23:04
Hi terry,i get pains to.i get them all over my stomach lower and upper. tonight its in y right side just below my breast bone, like a stabbing pain

Izzie2494
18-10-14, 23:52
I'm currently having pains all over my stomach , but when I feel my stomach it doesn't hurt! Anxiety can be very powerful at times x