PDA

View Full Version : ECG tachycardia

Worrier97
16-10-14, 17:38
I went for an ECG today and my heart was racing. I tried to slow it down but I just couldn't relax. It was 144bpm and the Doctor said that all he could notice was that it was very fast.

Obviously it's not usually like that, at home I can get it down to about 70. But I'm just worried that because it was so fast, it will be more difficult to pick up any abnormalities on the results.

I've been particularly worried about sudden cardiac death causing conditions and I'm concerned that these will not have been ruled out due to the fact that my heart rate was so high. Will the Doctor still have been able to notice any serious conditions? :shrug:

geox
18-10-14, 12:18
Hi I am in exactly the same boat, although I do not know what my heart rate was after the test as the nurse didn't say anything. Are you waiting for the doctor to tell you more about your results?

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Hi I am in exactly the same boat, although I do not know what my heart rate was after the test as the nurse didn't say anything. Are you waiting for the doctor to tell you more about your results?

Worrier97
18-10-14, 23:07
Hey, no I had the ECG and then saw the Doctor about it 15 minutes afterwards, it all happened in the same morning.

The Doctor prescribed me with beta-blockers for my fast heart rate and said we'll discuss how I'm getting on with them at a later date.

I'm worried because my heart rate was so fast that the results just looked like an unreadable mess on the screen. :weep:

Sunflower2
18-10-14, 23:27
I've only ever had one ECG and it was so fast the doctor wanted to take blood tests for various stuff. I couldn't calm myself down and they couldn't get a good enough reading! I was pretty nervous because I'd originally gone in for a cough and then got hooked up to the heart rate monitor! But anyway, mine heart rate was so high that they were concerned but everything came back fine, I was just really nervous :)

Worrier97
19-10-14, 00:55
It's good to know somebody has had the same experience yet it's worrying that you say they couldn't get a good enough reading.

I'm worrying my fast heart rate will have just masked any heart conditions which would have otherwise have been picked up if I could have just relaxed.

I feel like I've ruined my chance of having the heart problems I've always worried about ruled out. :weep: