PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about eyesight

donbeech
16-10-14, 18:18
Hi all,

I'm going to the opticians tomorrow but just really need to get this out now and seek any advice / reassurance / anything from you good people.

I've suffered from extreme anxiety and sleep deprivation for over two years now. Been prescribed medication on various occasions but haven't taken anything due to worries about side effects. Even after all this time, I feel I can tackle this myself and I'm closer than ever to putting a lid on it. However over this time my vision hasn't been great - well, it has been blurred. However up until a few weeks ago I totally put this down to the anxiety / fatigue issues as that's exactly what it felt like; on the very rare occasions where I'd get a slightly better sleep, the blurred vision would get ever so slightly better. Just recently though, I'm having serious cause for concern as it's not just blurred vision my distance vision feels permanently damaged and even reading signs can be impossible! It feels like something has gone badly wrong in my eye than something external as it was before if that makes any sense? There genuinely feels like a change. I am still holding onto hope that it's the anxiety having gotten worse and more full on but I'm doubtful :( Can anxiety / stress / fatigue cause THAT much change in terms of vision, especially at a time when I've been getting better with the anxiety etc and not worse? I've certainly not had palpatations and the like as I did back when this started. So worried now :(

Thanks for your time

.Poppy.
16-10-14, 19:39
When was the last time you saw the eye doctor? Do you wear contacts/glasses? I know my distance vision is awful - which is why I wear contacts :) Maybe you just need lenses.

Anxiety can mess with your vision, yes. So can a number of (harmless!) things - like dry eyes. I'm sure the eye doctor will straighten it all out :)

donbeech
16-10-14, 20:00
When was the last time you saw the eye doctor? Do you wear contacts/glasses? I know my distance vision is awful - which is why I wear contacts :) Maybe you just need lenses.

Anxiety can mess with your vision, yes. So can a number of (harmless!) things - like dry eyes. I'm sure the eye doctor will straighten it all out :)

Many thanks Poppy, I have had dry eyes in the past and still do I think - I just can't help but think there may be other major issues to have this much effect on the distance vision - tbh reading a poster on a wall is impossible right now without going insanely close to it. I've really not looked after myself the past few years and truly fear real damage to my eyes through eye strain, or even something like diabetes.