PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty and spaced out.. nice combo :-/

MissLady83
16-10-14, 23:30
So I'm hoping this is he right place to post this as it is my anxiety making me like this but also possibly the new meds I've started a few days ago.

So I've not been into work as I'm quite spaced out from taking sertaline and also my dad is seriously ill in hospital.

The reason I'm feeling guilty is because I've let work down. But with the things going on I wouldn't be able to concentrate at work and I'm really anxious about my dad.

Surely they should understand? I'm regretting calling in work and letting them down now.

I know this may seem a silly post but needed to vent

lior
16-10-14, 23:43
You're not silly at all. I totally get how you feel.

I have learnt that when I work when I feel as bad as you do now, two things happen:
a) I don't work very well - can't concentrate - might even make mistakes that are bad for the company
b) I don't recover from whatever is going on, so I stay bad for longer

It's better for you and for the company if you don't work.

I hope you and your dad feel much better soon.

MissLady83
17-10-14, 00:47
Thanks lior

I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all and my boss is aware of my situation with tablet changes etc. So hopefully she will understand where I'm coming from. I need to support my family as I have a younger sister who is autistic and has challenging needs and she needs support.

Main thing is my dad gets better. I've gotta stay as positive as I can.

lior
17-10-14, 09:04
Sounds like you've framed the situation in a more practical way now, which is a good thing :)